Sunday, April 12, 2009

Science Centre with the Children

I took the children to the Science Centre today. I figured we could all use some down time. I personally needed to get my mind off things and I needed the kids to just have fun. Mission accomplished. I would say they had a good day. Seeing them smile was all that I needed to feel good.

And, while I was at the Science Center, I got a call from a friend. During our conversation, he told me that I am an "awesome mom". I don't know if I believe that, but I have to say that it felt good to hear it today. He doesn't even know what has transpired over the past few days, as he is traveling and I didn't want to ruin his trip. Still, just hearing it was very reassuring. Especially now, given this weekend's events.

Tonight's goal, now that the children are in bed, is to draft the letters to my lawyer outlining this weekend's events and next steps for court.

SIGH.

No comments: