Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Rearview Mirror

Do you ever find that you are continually looking through the rear view mirror while driving forward in life?

It may be human nature to keep looking back, but the only problem with it is that you live in the past. And you have no present. And you lose a lot of direction for the future.

I might be one of those people. I've spent an enormous amount of time focusing on the crap that life dealt me. A friend recently said to me "Your past is a constant excuse that you use. It's like your "out". Shaz...your divorce is 5 years old. You cannot keep focusing on it, nor can you keep focusing on the things your ex did to you. It's time to move forward"....

5 years. I cannot believe it. He's right. 5 years have passed (well, it will be 5 years on June 9). And I am still focused on what I went through. It almost consumes my thinking at times. And really and truly, as nutty as my ex is, things are a million fold better now than 5 years ago.

I have a lot to be thankful for. A lot.

No comments: