Thursday, September 04, 2008

The Horror of Weeknight Access

Not only did he bring them home late again (8:45PM on a weeknight Wed night), but he did another screw up. Get this:

I was advised by the daycare that my ex is creating issues. He has recently been complaining about the wife (it is a husband and wife couple who own the daycare/Tae Kwan Do after school program). The wife isn't a huge fan of my ex because about a year ago, my ex took the children on a night that wasn't his, and I had to call the police to find out where they were. When the daycare found out, she called him to ask him to bring the children back (since she was liable for giving them to him on a wrong night) and he yelled at her. Ever since that incident, she hasn't been particularly fond of him. In addition, my ex would never bring the children in for their belt tests and the children would fall behind. As a result, this after school program has had to accommodate my children by holding tests around my ex's schedule for me. Just to clarify, she doesn't act rude to him, she just doesn't say anything when he comes in. (She doesn't greet him, but she has asked others to make sure he is treated well).

On Wed, my ex got angry, disrupted the husband (the instructor) while he was teaching a class and told him that this was a "hostile environment" and that he was going to call his lawyer and have the children removed from the daycare.

Needless to say, the children have been going to this place for years. They absolutely love it there. I am NOT in ANY way prepared to change daycares. In addition, rather than putting my children in a "warehouse" after school, I took great efforts to find an after school program with a sport affiliated with it, and this is one where the children have made many friends and they LOVE the program. They get an hour Tae Kwan Do lesson every night after school, and this has been really good for their self confidence and for channeling energy (particularly for my son)

I need this to end. My ex is destroying the children's stability, both the overall weekday routines by bringing them home late and by trying to ruin this for them too. He just can't seem to hold a stable relationship with anyone, and he creates fights and issues everywhere that he goes. His behavior will definitely have a negative impact on the children. I just hope that there is justice when we get the assessor's report on Sept 18. A week and a half to go.

No comments: