Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Profanities

Not only did my ex bring the children home at 9pm again (on a weeknight, despite the 8pm court order), but I also learned some disturbing news from the children. My ex has been getting angry at them, and using profanities with the children. Please excuse the profanities that I am about to mention below. But I was horrified at what the children told me tonight.

The children have recounted to me that their father swears at them. Tonight my son told me his their father called him a "fucking asshole" and that he did this last week as well. He said that he is called this when he doesn't listen to/obey his father. This is how my son described it:
  • my son doesn't listen to what he is told
  • My ex says "Why do you have to be such a fucking asshole?!"
  • My son replies (in fear) "I'm sorry Baba. Don't yell!"
  • My ex says "Oh ya, if you're sorry, then say you're sorry for being a fucking asshole"
  • My son says "I'm sorry for being a fucking asshole".
My daughter confirmed this to me as well. How I found out tonight is that my son and daughter were arguing (it was late to be putting them to bed so they were cranky), and my son said "Fine Mary. Say you're sorry for being a fucking asshole". I got upset, asked where he learned this language, and this is what both children told me. They said it is not the first time this has happened. I explained that they are not to use this language, EVER. I told Mary to tell her father she is not allowed to use this language. Mary then told me that she is called a "fucking bitch".

I keep thinking that there has to be something that can be done. He was better under supervision. Isn't swearing at a child the same as emotional abuse? It's definitely inappropriate discipline. I'm not sure what options I have in this regard, but this is very serious.

Honestly, sometimes I feel so completely hopeless, like there is no way to get out of this mess. It just keeps getting worse and worse and all that is happening is that he keeps getting out of it, and all I am left with is a huge mound of financial debt. It just doesn't seem fair.

One week to go. The assessment report is a week tomorrow. I believe there is a God. There has to be justice at some point. If that meeting goes badly, I am going to give up completely.

One prayer at a time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Believe me there is a God and he is watching out for you. Your ex will get what he deserves and your children will be left with bad memories that will fade with time. I firmly believe this.

As you said, 1 week to go. You can make it.

BF

shaz said...

Thanks. Your note made me teary eyed....I am trying to hang in but I have to say it is REALLY hard...

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I am hoping that I will make it. But it is REALLY crazy right now...