Sunday, September 07, 2008

The Flat Tire

On Friday morning, I drove into work just fuming over my ex's fiasco at the daycare. I spoke to my lawyer on the phone and as I pulled into the parking garage at work, I hit the curb that holds the pass machine (where you tap your pass to get into the garage) and I popped a tire. Not a little hole a big huge hole. Instantly flat. I was SO frustrated, I cannot tell you. Why me is all I could think in my head.

So I parked my car on the side and went up to the office. And here is where I realized how lucky I really am. My boss and my colleague/friend changed the tire for me. How often do your colleagues do that for you?

The rest of the day was frustrating, office issues, the usual, and I had a hard time getting through the day.

On Saturday, when I went to Costco, I found out that the treads on ALL tires were pretty much gone, meaning they would need to be changed by October anyways. Crap. $560 dollars later, I was on my way.

I had tickets to the Soccer Game. I went with my friend, and the children, and my best friend's son. It was a great game. We watched our team lose miserably, but the company was good and the crowd was hilarious. And I needed it. I had fun, and it de-stessed me after that unexpected $560 hit. Sigh.

I am just counting the days till the assessment meeting. Sept 18 cannot come fast enough. All I keep telling myself is that soon enough, all this stress that pre-occupies me should be lifted. There will be an answer either way, and I will accept it whatever it is. I just cannot do this much longer.

No comments: