Monday, May 05, 2008

Mr. NYC to the Rescue

Thank God for him. I would have been lost without him.

There are some moments in life where you just know that someone would go the extra mile for you. This is one of those moments.

I spent days stressing madly about what to do, despite Mr. NYC's constant reassurances that I should not worry, that it will be OK. And on Sunday, within hours of his arrival to NYC from his business trip overseas, I heard the words that I will never forget.

"I will not lose you. And especially not for money, and not for $12,000. We will find a way".

I am truly grateful to have found someone decent the second time through. I am touched by his care and at the same time, moved and honored that he loves me this much. If nothing else, I can move on knowing that not all guys are bad to women, that there are some that are loving and caring, and that I am blessed to have found one of those. No matter how long he will be in my life, I am grateful to have known him. And if this remains long term, I am even more grateful. But if things don't go our way, I can honestly say that my life is better having met Mr. NYC, that I truly did learn alot from this relationship.

It's been nice knowing that for once in my life, I was loved by someone.

And no, this is not about money. It's about the gesture, the protectiveness, the genuine care. The thought that when the chips fell, I was a priority, and he would put himself out for me. Imagine that...

No comments: