Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

Today actually turned out to be pretty much a regular Sunday. I woke up to something cute. My son and daughter ran in to wish me a happy mother's day. When I came downstairs they said they had made me breakfast. On the table was sitting a bowl of my high protein cereal, with the milk already in it. To be honest, judging by the sogginess, I think they woke up and "made" my breakfast first thing, probably about an hour before they woke me up. It looked disgusting, it tasted disgusting, but I didn't have the heart to tell them. I just smiled and ate it and thanked them profusely for the thoughtful gesture.

It was, after all, such a touching gesture. I mean, firstly, they must have gone downstairs early to surprise me. Then, they must have waited as long as they could so they wouldn't wake me and I could get extra sleep. Then, when they couldn't contain themselves anymore, they came to wake me up. Sweet, isn't it? They are such little angels.

My daughter made me a pink bracelet at school. It actually turned out very nice, and I wore it all day. She was thrilled. After breakfast, I took the kids to see their dad, and I went to the gym. Then we went to the mall, got some sugar free chocolates, some roses and some stuff from the body shop and went to visit my mom. All in all, it was OK. I was tempted to buy myself some Mother's Day flowers, but decided not to. Next time maybe :)

No comments: