Thursday, May 08, 2008

Deadbeat Dad

All of this recent financial mess has got me thinking about the drama that is my life. My ex is such a total deadbeat dad, he is as bad as they come. Not only is he not paying his share of the children's therapy, the children's extra curricular activities, and the assessment, but he has reduced his childcare payments unilaterally without any notice. He is the ultimate deadbeat dad.

Really- it upsets me. The guy makes tons of money, but he is infinitely selfish. The one sign that there is a God- the more he attempts to screw me over, the worse his finances become. Take a look at things- when he was paying his full payments with no arguments, he was also doing well. When he started to screw me over, his debt increased. And now, even though he makes more than I do, he is financially worse off. I attribute that to him not paying his dues and owning up to his financial responsibilities. What goes around comes around, and rightly so.

On other fronts, Fatima (my ex's second ex wife) had her meeting with the assessor. I'm trusting that went well yesterday. I mean, at the end of the day, her story is the mirror image of mine. If that is not creepy I'm not sure what else is.

And another thing. I was talking to the children's therapist on Saturday when we were last there, and she has advised me that she doesn't think that my ex is bipolar. She is almost positive he is a sociopath. That is even worse. More for me to worry about. (For those of you who don't know, a sociopath is basically a psychotic person without a conscience. Sounds accurate, but at the same time, it is very scary).

The silver lining- thank God I'm rid of him. As hard as things are now, they would have been worse had I stayed with him. There is always the positive to every story. Mine is that I am almost free.

No comments: