Thursday, May 22, 2008

What Kind of Chicken is This?

GOD. My daughter's drama continues. I honestly think I'M going to cave and just let her be a freaking vegetarian. It's what she wants.

I made chicken satay for dinner tonight. I thought I could get away with the bone free chicken (no I did not think about what happened last time). Anyhow, I figured with a stick instead of a bone she might think it's fun. WRONG.

She ate the grilled veggies and then I brought out the chicken. She looked down at the plate and politely asked me to take off the sticks. "But why honey? I thought you liked to eat off the sticks".

"So I can poke it and make sure there is no more chicken blood. That's what we are eating right? Chicken Blood".

I didn't respond. Then I told her she had no choice. Please just be grateful for what you have and eat your dinner.

She took a bite. Then she asked "So mommy- what kind of chicken is this anyways?"

"Pardon?"

"You know, is it a rooster, or a mommy chicken that laid eggs?"

My jaw dropped.

I feel sick now. Gross.

No comments: