Monday, April 28, 2008

What the?

I live in the twilight zone. NO - HE lives in the Twilight zone. You have to see the latest email exchange. This is too nutty not to share...


My email to him (he has the children's bikes, I wanted them back):

Hello- The children have been asking to ride their bikes. I think it might be better if we could arrange for their bikes to stay with us at my home, since they would at least get some use and the children can ride them regularly.

Could you please bring their bikes with you on Saturday to the CAS? I can get them from you at the Centre.

Thank you.


His response:

I can Not possibly understand why you would involve me in your personal household affairs? If you need to obtain bicycles for the children, why do I need to know about it? I suggest that you manage your own household affairs without involving me. I certainly do Not burden you with managing my household issues. I manage my own affairs, including as it relates to the children when they are in my household. Likewise, it is None of your concern how I manage my household as this is my private life. I will remind you that we are Not married anymore and I am Not your husband. It is Not my concern what you provide or do Not provide for the children. My only concern is for the safety and well-being of the children. Beyond that, it is your choice to provide or Not to provide bicycles for the children in your household… as long as the bicycles meet appropriate safety standards and do Not injure the children from being either too large or too small. It is completely up to you how and where you get bicycles from… do Not involve me.

Perhaps you should re-evaluate your circular thinking and adopt a linear thought pattern where you realize that we are Not together anymore.

WHAT THE HELL? It's like I say I need the bikes and he says "There are butterflies in the sky". I don't get it. Oh and by the way dude, I TOTALLY get that we are not together. That's just what I've been fighting for 4 years to get through your head!

My response:

I am shocked by your email. I simply asked if you had the children's bicycles. I would remind you that in our separation agreement we had agreed that the children's possessions belonged with the children, meaning wherever they were staying.

Last summer, we even sent rollerblades back and forth so they could rollerblade with both parents depending on who they were with. The bikes were originally with me, and then we agreed to keep them at your place. Now, since they are not with you unsupervised, it makes sense to keep them at my place so they can get some use.

I'm not sure why I am getting such a hostile response to such a simple request. If you are refusing to return the children's bikes to us, just say so, but if I recall, we purchased them together so they do not belong to you.

_________

And then I forwarded the entire exchange to the assessor.
What, like you wouldn't do it? He has sent one too many crazy emails to me. It's about time somebody somewhere see his absolute craziness.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shaz,

This would be funny if it weren't so sad. The assessor has to see this behaviour/response. Every strange encounter adds to your case.
BF

shaz said...

I know. It's sad and scary and for whatever reason, I had two choices- laugh or scream.

I'm tired of screaming. I choose to laugh.

I think I've almost become immune to my own reality. I live one of the most insane lives in the world, yet I pass myself off as normal and happy to people at work. Sometimes, I'm so used to the chaos that I don't even recognize it anymore.

I said sometimes. I noticed it this time :)

Let's hope the assessor agrees...