Thursday, February 28, 2008

One Small Win

One small step at a time...

Today I had one small win. Small in the grand scheme of the money I've spent in court, and the time it has taken, but this is big to me. Today, I learned that I can finally do small things to protect the children. And I learned that no matter what, I can hope and believe that the children will be ok.

I spoke to the CAS today. They strongly advised my ex that he should agree with supervised access voluntarily. And he did. So now, for the next few months, he will see the children at a centre supervised by the CAS. He will see them for two hours on Saturdays and two hours on Sundays for a period of a few months, and then it will move to semi supervised and then eventually unsupervised. They were even smart enough to say that he would need to spend some of the time doing homework with the children, since that was one of the issues in the past. He is unable to handle the stressful situations so they will want to monitor his behaviour for the next while, including during stressful scenarios. But in the meantime, I can rest for a few months knowing that the children are safe. That is a total God-send.

I will have the court case running for the next little while, but at least things will go smoothly with respect to the children's safety in the interim. It's taken alot of time to get here, but thank God it happened at last.

No comments: