Monday, February 04, 2008

Another Week in Review

Honestly, these days I am just too tired to blog. Here is an update of the week:
  • We started the assessment process. It's stressful, but this is my last hope for Justice. Keep your fingers crossed. The assessor has lots of experience, so I'm hoping he can spot the bipolar disorder.
  • The assessment will involve inconveniencing my family and friends, as they will have to also meet the assessor. But I guess that's part of life.
  • My lawyer has sent a letter to my ex's lawyer outlining that if he wants to see the kids, it will have to be in an access center.
  • In the meantime, I contacted CAS for further information around center hours, etc. They advised me (and this is SO stupid) that the access centers are a different division of the CAS. So to use an access centre, you must not have any other CAS involvement. Since we have been assigned a permanent social worker for the next few months (due to so many cases being opened), we are not eligible for use of the access center. I mean seriously- WTF?! So I'm not sure what to do now. I called the CAS where the social worker is and told them of my dilemma. Not sure if they can help me but this is the stupidest thing I have ever seen in my life. Stupidest. Hands down. If I had a choice between which CAS services are more important, I would choose the access center over the useless social worker, but I don't have a say. Somebody save me please.
  • To de-stress a bit, I had a most lovely visit from Mr. NYC. Thank God for small bouts of stability. We had a nice weekend. He's going to be in Pakistan next week, so he will miss my birthday. I'm glad I got to see him this weekend. The kids enjoyed spending time with him too :)

No comments: