Sunday, March 02, 2008

Hospital Visit #4

Mom was admitted to the hospital again on Friday. This would be visit #4 in less than 4 weeks. What the hell is wrong with our health care? Seriously, we need a two tiered system. I'm so fed up.

Thank God my sister was able to drag my mom to the hospital on Friday. The doctor said that we are lucky we brought her in to be admitted, because she was in risk of kidney failure. Apparently, because she has been vomiting even water, her kidneys haven't been doing anything for 4 weeks and were getting all messed up. I am so fed up with our incompetent health care. It is unbelievable. So mom is back in the hospital, yet we still don't know what is wrong with her. There is just way too much wrong with that.

This weekend, Mr. NYC was in town. While I was glad to have the company, the timing was not good, especially given my mom was in the hospital. He came down with his kids, so it was his kids' first time in Toronto, and their first time meeting my kids. All went well on that front, but I just feel like there was so much on my mind consuming me.

Sigh. Keep mom in your prayers. Let's hope the tests go well on Monday/Tuesday. They did all kinds of xrays and ultrasounds this weekend, but no news yet.

No comments: