Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Family Day

Well, at least I spent Family Day with family...

I spent the morning with the children, just reading books, eating breakfast, and basically cuddling :). Around noon, I got a call from my mother, who was still not feeling well, and apparently her health was deteriorating. She was vomiting again, and cramping up and still couldn't even keep water down. My mother, who ignores all illnesses anytime, even if she is badly ill, asked for me to take her to the hospital. I knew that she was in bad shape, because Mom would never ask to go to a hospital, let alone willingly.

We got to the hospital around 1pm. We were seen by the doctor at 6pm. The doctor was shocked that she was still sick, and referred her to another doctor, recommending that she get admitted. He put her in the waiting room in a chair, but had her put on a drip with medecine to stop the vomiting. (the drip did not help). The second doctor requested xrays and bloodwork. She was seen by the second doctor at midnight. She was admitted to the hospital, and had to wait (in the waiting room) until 2am for a bed. Gotta love our backlogged health care system...

When I got home, my son woke up with a fever and started vomiting. I finally got to bed at 4am, and then woke up again at 6 to go to work. My son looked better so I took him to school. While in a meeting, at 11am, I got a call from the school telling me to come back and get my son, as he was sick. I got back to the school, picked up my son and made an appt for him to see the doctor. In the meantime, I called the hospital to see if I could visit my mom. She has been put into one of those quarantined wards, which means that she cannot have any visitors. Poor mom.

The doctor says my son has the flu, and that it might develop into a stomach flu. I have to keep an eye on it. I am SO tired and a bit worried, as I cannot keep missing work.

Let's pray that everyone gets better soon.

No comments: