Thursday, October 04, 2007

Seeing the Truth

My good friend called me the other day to tell me that she had read the blog entry about my daughter's teacher. She had such a refreshing perspective that it stuck with me. I am still in awe at some people's ability to see the silver lining.

She told me it was such a gift that the teacher had the candid conversation with me. "How blessed you are to be told about something like that when you had no clue! Now you can gather whatever you need to help your daughter through this difficult time. Had it not been for that teacher and the conversation, you would never have known how bad it was for her, and you would have found out when she was very severely impacted".

How true. I never thought of it that way.

I was too busy crying and feeling bad for my daughter to realize that perhaps, as sad as this is, I can do something to help her. I am, after all, the adult, and my children are my responsibility. And she's right...being told about something like that is a blessing.

Thanks Saji-for the pep talk. I still feel bad for my daughter, and a bit guilty for the circumstances that brought her here, but you're right. I am very lucky to have been given the information earlier rather than later.

True friends never let you drown in your sorrow for long :)

No comments: