Wednesday, October 03, 2007

A Sense of Calm

This morning I feel somewhat calm. My nerves are still frazzled from all the events leading up to yesterday, and I feel very much like I need a massage and a day off. But I think I'm OK for now. I feel calm enough to go into the office and manage through the day. I have taken Friday off this week, so it will be an extra long weekend anyhow, and I plan to spend Friday on myself- massage, chiropractor, etc. I think I can manage until Friday.

It's weird- part of me feels relief, the other part wonders what else he will have up his sleeve for Nov 27. Like my chiropractor said, never back a man into a corner, because he will come out of it ruthless, as he has nothing to lose. I suppose I should just take one day at a time and be grateful for the peace I can have for the next few weeks.

Physically and emotionally, I feel like I've been run over by a Mack truck. I'm glad that the children will be protected for the next little while. Happy that there is some relief from this stress and eternally grateful to those of you who flooded my voicemail and email with your kind words of support and encouragement.

I have no major meetings at the office today, so it will be more of a 'catch up' day which is probably a good thing. I've been so preoccupied with this case that I have parked a few things at the office. Friday will be my day to rest.

No comments: