Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

And welcome to 2008. As I'm doing this entry, I am home alone, and it is New Year's Eve, and it is peaceful. I had plans for New Year's Eve with Mr. NYC, but he had to go on a last minute business trip. I spent the bulk of the evening with a close friend, and that was nice, and I came home in time to ring in the new year on my own. It's just me, my laptop, and my sparkling apple cider :)

It's funny- I can't help but have a bit of the "Deja Vu" feeling as I sit here and do this post. Last year, when I did my New Year's post, I thought that I had seen the end of most of the hard times, and I was almost certain that 2007 would be "My year". I guess I thought wrong.

Well, I've started a little tradition of looking at the year in review both good and bad. Here are the highlights of 2007:
  • My ex got married and separated in a span of 4 months, subjecting my children to all his drama and crap
  • He was abusive to his second wife, thereby increasing my concerns around his temperament
  • He started abusing the children again, resulting in 2 CAS calls, and a full blown court assessment
  • I've drained all my finances in court
  • We had a re-org at work and I almost left the company as a result. Thankfully, I found a fantastic job internally and and happier than I was before (some silver lining- hooray!)
  • My relationship with Mr. NYC continues (thank God for some stability)
  • My children have started their therapy program
  • My children are both in need of special help in school, mostly due to emotional issues
Clearly, 2007 was for the most part, another really bad year. I mean, 2006 was bad with Syd's death and everything else that happened with my ex and all the stalking, and I did have very high hopes for 2007, but things didn't quite go as I had hoped. But here is the good news:
  • I haven't lost hope yet- I guess I'm human- I can't help but be hopeful!
  • I do firmly believe that 2008 will be a better year. In fact, I think it will be my year of closure. This court case will have to come to an end in 2008, so some things will be better off for me, one way or another.
  • Financially, I am a mess, but I am hoping to put a game plan into place to pay off my legal fees over the next few years.
  • Mr. NYC is still in the picture. Thank God for him. He keeps me grounded.
  • I have my health, and my children have theirs. The rest is all emotional, and we have each other.
  • I have fantastic friends, and wonderful family.
  • I am a survivor- I have survived the worst emotional crap that anyone can go through and by God's grace, my health is better than ever. Yes, I managed to pay attention to my health this year. Thank God I did that.
Happy New Year. Here is to a bright and happy 2008. Here is to hoping for closure at last...

No comments: