Monday, January 07, 2008

CAS Visit #3

Yes. You read correctly. It never ends.

I just had another visit from the CAS. It turns out that the children's therapist called this one in. Apparently, at their last session, the children told the therapist that during their last visit with their dad, he was angry with the children and in a fit of rage, he picked up my son and threw him on the bed. This on it's own wouldn't have been so bad (in their books), except that he bounced off the bed from the force and banged his head on a night table. This constitutes inappropriate discipline.

My answer was simple. I have no issues with an investigation, I would be happy to sign any release forms that you require, however, please be aware that in the past, the CAS has only harmed us more. Their inability to do enough research has resulted in my children not being protected, and their father taking the position in court that "even the CAS has no issues, as they closed the case", but that I am the one who is acting like I know more than the CAS. The case worker understood and promised to do a more extensive research job this time through, and said she would do her best to protect the children. She also said she would leave the file open for 60 days this time.

Guys- pray for me. He will be enraged when he finds out they got involved. And I didn't have anything to do with it. Let's all pray that this time, the children will be better protected.

They will go on Thursday to speak to the children again at school. Let's see how that goes.

No comments: