Saturday, January 05, 2008

Sore Throat

Two days before going back to work and I get a sore throat. This sucks. I mean, if I come down with something, I can't exactly miss time from work after being off for two weeks. This throat has 24 hours to get better.

Oregano oil, here I come.

On another note, this has been a total drama week (again) with my ex. It doesn't end with him. Ever. He confronted me with a question around why I requested the rights to move to New York within my court documents. I told him the truth- that I've met someone, and that I would like the courts to decide if I can move. I figured it is no big deal telling him, as the assessment starts next week, and he would find out at that time anyhow. He of course, freaked out.

I have been getting constant drama calls about what a "shock" this has been for him, and how I am the love of his life. I mean, seriously- you got married, and divorced, but I can't even meet someone? I mean, this is just way too much.

He continues that he will move to New York if I want to move, that he will not leave his children, that he wants 50% access to his children. I told him that wouldn't happen. He insists we can work this out so we can settle out of court. I'm not sure how that is possible, since we don't agree on much of anything. But the calls are never ending. I am so emotionally drained, I need a vacation.

Today, I got a call from a professional mediator. Someone he met at the mosque. He wants the mediator to help us resolve the issues. The mediator said "I'm not necessarily trying to help you reconcile, but I do want to help you work together outside of courts". NECESSARILY? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? This is what I hate about the community- they always think that reconciliation is the answer. So I gave buddy my side of the story. Did you know he is bipolar? Did you know he refuses medication? Did you know he was abusive? Did you know he has abused the kids? I gave my entire story. At the end, the mediator told me that it might be better to stick with the courts. A MEDIATOR told me this. Too funny. Now tell me something I don't already know.

Anyhow, that is the two second version of the past 7 days of drama. I am so exhausted. No wonder I am starting to get sick. When you are stressed, your immune system goes down.

Back to the oregano oil.

No comments: