Tuesday, January 15, 2008

He Strikes Again

Tonight my ex had the children for a four hour unsupervised visit. Why is the four hour visit unsupervised? Because presumably, he can't really harm them in a four hour span. Well guess what? They were wrong.

The children came home tonight and reported that their father had spanked them again. The spanking laws in Canada are really hard to sift through, but at the end of the day, here is how I understand them:
  • You cannot spank a child younger than 2 or older than 12
  • You cannot spank hard enough to leave a mark
  • You cannot spank a bare bottom
  • You cannot spank while in a fit of rage
Tonight, the children told me that their father took my son's pants off to spank him. Not only was my son humiliated, but it hurt him a lot.

This breaks point #4. Let's hope the CAS agrees. I fully intend to call them and let them know.

I am totally disgusted. Why the law supports people like this, I will never know. They keep thinking about his rights to see his children. What about the children's rights to be safe? Doesn't that count?

No comments: