Friday, August 17, 2007

Where did the Summer Go?

It's a tough one when you can actually look at two months and wonder what the heck happened to them. My children have been off for July and August. They go back to school in two weeks. My little baby girl starts grade 1 and all of a sudden has anxiety over the fact that she's never been to public school. I decided to take the last week August off. My first day off is next week Friday, and then I'm off for the following week, and for the first day of school. My agenda- let the kids do whatever they want.

I was going to plan "day trips" to the zoo etc, but I realized that they have been in summer camp- they've been doing all those day trips every day without a break. When I pick my son up from camp each day- he asks if he can go home and play outside with all the other kids. That's what summer vacation is supposed to be about, and they don't get to do it. I think I'm going to spend the last week at home, with the kids, doing whatever they want. I can read with them, I can fix the garden/lawn while they play outside, they can run in the sprinkler, play in the sandbox, or we can go roller blading. I'm looking forward to the downtime myself. It's been really busy at the office and I haven't had much breathing time since I started my new job. As interesting as it's been, I would love the time just to veg out. And, I plan to take my kids to school on their first day, pick them up, bring them home, and learn all about what they are doing.

On other fronts, I think things are going OK. I'm starting to realize that it will take me about 3-5 years to pay off legal fees for this court battle. It's unfortunate, but I don't see much of a choice at the moment. Let's see how that goes. I'm hopeful that it will go well, but I'm not a lawyer. It's been slow moving up until now...we don't even have a court date yet, but it will come up soon I think. Keep your fingers crossed and wish me luck. The more things get closer to going somewhere, the more I start to realize that the system has failed me on so many fronts, that it is a bit foolish to think it will help me now. But I am human, and so, I keep hopeful...

No comments: