Thursday, August 23, 2007

Just Watch the Game, Crackerjack.

He sends me hostile emails demanding that I make sure I show up to the soccer games. I get text messages, I get voice mails. I get harassed. He copies his lawyer. Why the hell doesn't the lawyer tell him to back off? My guess is that his lawyer is a crackerjack too.

So I go to the games, with the kids. He shows up. He tries to layer on the public displays of affection to show how great a dad he is is. Pull ease. I'm about to puke. Do you remember to display that same affection when you're beating on my children? You're a jerk.

Anyhow, buddy comes to the game, waves at the child who is playing and then picks up the other child and walks away. Like last week, he took my daughter FROM MY LAP and walked to the park to play. I am left with two choices. Turn into psycho bitch in front of everyone, or keep silent. I keep silent.

But here is what happens. The child who is playing gets sad. "Mommy, why doesn't he watch my game?" I don't have an answer. I can't say the truth. The truth is that he is a jerk who is coming just so he can harass me, stalk me, and try to gain extra time with the other child. Or maybe just to prove a point. It has nothing to do with wanting to watch you play soccer.

Sad. Why can't Mr. Crackerjack just watch the freaking game? Why can't he be normal for just one day? Is that too much to ask?

No comments: