Sunday, July 15, 2007

Movies Movies Movies

This was my marathon movie weekend. On Friday, my team had an afternoon off at work, and we had lunch/movie/dessert. It was nice. I spent a bit of the morning on the phone with my lawyer, and with the school making sure the children arrived there safely, but I have to say, the afternoon was great. We saw the transformers movie, which I think was quite well done. I had a nice time with the guys (I work on a team where I'm the only gal, but that's not why it was a nice time :P).

On Friday evening, I picked up the children from my mom and dad's place (I had my dad pick them up early for me so my ex couldn't get at them). They seemed fine. Later that evening, my son and I had a chat. I told him that the only way I could protect him from harm was to do what I have to in order to make sure that their dad doesn't hurt him. I told him that his dad would never have gone to jail, that I was just calling because I didn't know where he was and I went to the police because my kids were gone when they weren't supposed to be. The police were just trying to make sure they were OK. That was all. He seemed comfortable with my response. I was a bit worried that he might make the deduction that if he doesn't want his dad in trouble, he should stop telling me stuff. Fortunately, that hasn't happened...yet.

Yesterday, I went to see Ratatouille with the kids and some girlfriends. We all had fun. (I know, sad that marathon movies is two movies right? But think- how many single moms watch two movies in one weekend? Correction- how many have the time? I rest my case!).

Today, I went to the gym, and for some reason, I am exhausted. I feel like a beached whale. I went to the gym yesterday as well, and pushed myself extra hard both times, mostly to get rid of the stress. Now I feel a bit overexerted. On the plus side, I guess I will sleep well tonight.

One of my colleagues at the office started 'fat blogging'. I think he's a brave guy. I personally couldn't do it. I think I would die if I had to tell anyone my weight. Maybe it's a girl thing. I just know that I have been on this stress herb thing for 2.5 months, working out 3x a week, and eating no carbs. I've lost 20 lbs, but I think I only look like I've lost 6. That pretty much sums up how bad I must be. When you lose 20lbs and everyone says "hey you look like you *might* be losing weight", damn. That's bad. I wonder what people would say if I lose another 15? "wow you look like you've lost 10lbs?". That will be the point in time when my carb deprived self punches someone in the face.

I feel better now. Physical stress out at the gym. Mental stress out on the blog. I will sleep well tonight. My naturopath would say its the herbs. I say its my venting sessions.

No comments: