Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Office Party

I have an office event to attend on Feb 1. I think I mentioned an award/recognition thing at work. They actually have a "gala" for this thing. There's a bunch of people receiving the same recognition, and it sounds like a fun event. I like to attend parties, and I know quite a few of my colleagues who will be attending. It's also nice to get a day or two off work. My ex has agreed to watch the kids for Wednesday night and to take them to school on Thursday morning, so I will actually get to stay over at the hotel.

The stay at the hotel will be nice I'm sure, as will the next day. We get two days off work for this thing, so I decided to take myself up on my previous offer and book myself a half spa day. Really- what's another hundred bucks or so? My benefits will cover the massage portion, so the remaining $130 will just have to get absorbed somewhere. I've booked a massage, facial, manicure and pedicure. Now that will be fun. That will be the best part. THAT is what I'm REALLY looking forward to.

In the middle of all the craziness lately, I've taken very little time to just relax and slow down. A spa day at the hotel sounds really great. It's my little treat to myself. This feels like more of a treat because it will be in the middle of the day during the work week. It feels delicious to know that I will be at the spa getting my massage when I could be at work plugging away- tough choice there.

No comments: