Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Night Before Eid...

Man I'm tired. It's the night before Eid, well sort of. That depends on which group of Muslims you agree with. Some celebrated Eid today, and the others will celebrate tomorrow. And here we are: Divided we stand. I'm so tired of this, I can't even bother giving the shpeel yet again. To make a long story short, this time, I let my parents pick the day they wanted to celebrate, and I took one day off work. I was not prepared to do the 2 day vacation yet again, especially not after 2 weeks off work. My parents follow the Indo-Pak community, so for them, tomorrow is Eid. Herdish little community, don't you think?

I'm supposed to be wrapping the children's presents right now, but they are in the basement (the presents, not the children), in the furnace room, and well, I'm too tired to go down there, and its spooky in the basement. Yes, I'm afraid of the dark...And of creepy places. So I'll go in the morning. I've set the alarm for 5. I have to wrap presents, iron clothes, get everyone showered and dressed and to my parent's place by 8:30am so we can make it to prayer by 9. Here's the funny thing- since tomorrow is the Indo Pak community celebrating, I know full well that there will be 2 prayers. One at 9 and then one at 10, because- well, Indo/Pak standard time means everyone will be late. So my family will rush to catch the 9am prayer, and we'll make it just in time for the 10am prayer. Then we will come home, eat my mom's special lunch, open presents, and then off to visit aunts, uncles and grandparents in the evening. Yes- that will include a visit with the oh so wonderfully nosy aunt. Don't ask...I still intend to avoid her. See? I'm getting better- I didn't stress for 3 days this time. Now THAT's progress.

I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow. For some reason, my children are really excited so that makes me excited. And they are so excited to go to prayer...Which I find to be kind of neat. Most kids would be dying just to open presents. My brother and sis in law gave them their presents this evening, and they were so excited to see that they got new clothes- cute little Indian outfits that they can wear tomorrow- they are both going to look really adorable. I find it neat that my children love getting clothes as gifts. They must be the only kids on the planet who are like that. I know, the apple never falls far from the tree.

No comments: