Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Trip To Disney

We just got back last night from our trip to Disney World. I can honestly say that it was a great trip. The children were on the best behavior I have ever experienced in my life, and that made the entire trip a whole lot better for me. I had expected that with my son off his medication, things would be really difficult, but he actually was in really good spirits, and was very calm the whole time. The children had a blast and so did I. I really enjoyed their company, and I can honestly say that I enjoyed just being a mom. I even turned my blackberry off and left it in my room when we went to Disney. It was a gesture that my daughter really appreciated.

We did 2 days at the Magic Kingdom, one day at Epcot and one day at Animal Kingdom. 4 days at Disney back to back was very tiring, but still a lot of fun.

The highlight of the trip (for me), was watching my daughter meet Cinderella. My daughter was dressed as Cinderella herself for two whole days (she refused to wear anything but the dress again on day 2). Yes, she packed a Cinderella dress and a tiara. I protested when she was packing it, as I had visions of being mortified as the only parent with a kid in a gown, but she insisted. She said "Mommy if I don't wear it at Disney, where CAN I wear it?" Excellent point. And so we packed the dress, and tiara.

When we got there, I tried one last time to convince her out of the dress "But you might be the only one wearing it, won't that be silly?" Her reply "Then I guess I will be the only one, and Cinderella will notice me even more". I have to say, I was pretty impressed by her determination and confidence. Maybe I can learn a thing or two from her...

Anyhow, the weather was great, the kids were awesome and it was pretty much a perfect trip. We needed the time away and the kids are elated. I'm glad we got the chance to get away.

Too bad those tiaras and gowns don't come in adult sizes!

No comments: