Sunday, February 01, 2009

Saying No

When a man says no its the end of a discussion. When a woman says no, it's the beginning of a negotiation.

Why is it always this way?

Have we as women allowed this to happen? Is it because we are naturally so indecisive in our personal lives? (Or is that just me revealing one of my ever so present weaknesses?)

I wouldn't have issue with it if this worked both ways. But for some reason, more often than not, it feels like it's one sided. In my experience, it always has been. I mean this in my personal life, at work, with friends. Always. I say no to something, the men around me see it as a starting point. They say no to something and I always get the "We discussed this. I said no. Don't try to twist things and get your way, learn to let the other person win sometimes". (And for the record, this quote is NOT from Mr. NYC)...

Sigh.

No comments: