Thursday, February 05, 2009

Med Update

Day 1 off Meds:
  • My son misses school bus
  • He forgets half his homework at school in his desk (hasn't done that in months, since the meds)
  • Handwriting is illegible
  • He is unable to focus on homework in evening
Day 2:
  • My son's handwriting is even more illegible
  • Unfinished schoolwork comes home (two hours worth)
  • He is unable to understand basic concepts that he understood a couple of months back.
Day 3:
  • Handwriting gets worse
  • Takes forever for him to do his homework- he keeps getting up and walking away, very distracted
But....his temper seems just a bit calmer. Sigh. Let's see what happens over the full two weeks. I did speak to someone else whose son is on the same meds. He didn't have the same side effects, but he did have different ones. Turns out, he was prescribed the same medication that the doctor suggested for our son...the one that is a mood stabilizer. It's apparently also a muscle relaxant.

Maybe I freaked about nothing. I just know my ex was prescribed the same med. Turns out in tiny micro doses, it treats different things. In large doses, it treats larger things.

So I wait, and we shall see...

No comments: