Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hot and Cold Ex Husband

My ex husband is so often all over the map. It confuses the heck out of me. One minute I'm getting nasty emails, the next minute I get crazy displays of affection. Don't get me wrong. I prefer it much more when he is pleasant, it's just that I never know what to expect. Will the real personality please stand up so I can plan my life accordingly???

Today we were at my son's appointment together. We were both surprisingly civil. It was actually a big relief. We walked out to the parking lot together. Just as I was leaving, he asked me how the kids behaved on our trip. I told him they did really well. I told him I started the trip with ground rules. Do two hours of homework on the way there, and two on the way back, and the rest of the time can be used for TV and video games on the plane. It worked marvelously. They complied without arguments.

I looked up. He smiled. And then he said, "See, it's so easy to see why they love you so much".

HUH?

I looked at him suspiciously. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, I really get why they love you. It's easy to see. You're good with them".

"Ok. Well, thanks for the vote of confidence. Take care."

Total twilight zone.

No comments: