Thursday, February 05, 2009

First Aid Course

I spent the last 2 days at a first aid course. We needed someone at the office to take it, so I volunteered. I figured if nothing else, I would learn how to bandage up my accident-prone son the next time he gets a cut/bruise/bangs his head. I'm glad I went. The best part of the course- learning how to use a defibrillator.

The interesting thing that I learned is that most of the people who save lives are just innocent bystanders. People who were at a restaurant when someone started chocking, or in the mall when someone had a heart attack...all the more reason to get more people trained on this stuff I guess.

Anyhow, it was 2 days of NOT driving 3hrs a day to get to work. I think that was the best part of all. Being seated at the dinner table with dinner ready at 6:30 is unheard of for me. I normally get in the door at 6:45 so dinner is usually 7:30. It was awesome. I'm telling you, I need to find something closer to home....it's amazing what a difference it makes on your quality of life...

No comments: