Saturday, April 14, 2012

Still a Deadbeat...

Once a deadbeat, always a deadbeat.

So here is what I don't get...why does our legal system allow for a proven asshole to keep showing his assholeness while the great parents (like myself) continue to deal with the garbage, without an end in sight?

My ex has basically refused to work with the CAS.  He has told them that they have no business being involved in our family.  And he hung up on them.  And then he called me with an ultimatum.  Either I bypass the CAS, give him 50/50 custody and 50/50 access or he will refuse to see the children ever again.

Seriously - WTF?

The kids have told him that they are afraid to see him unsupervised.  They have told him they do not want to live with him 50% of the time.  Yet he basically is following through on his original threat - he is having another child with his new wife (yes you read correctly- the baby is due in the beginning of June), and he has basically followed through on his original threat.  He wants the children to comply to his 50/50 demands or he will start a new family and never see them again.

A serious grade A jerk.  And the messed up thing...he thinks he is father of the year.  I just don't get it.  People are really really stupid.

While given the circumstances, the children are probably better off without the instability from their father, I know this will be difficult for them, and my heart bleeds for them.  I wish I could take all their sorrows and deal with them on my children's behalf.

Needless to say, all this is very emotionally disturbing for the children.  I am trying to keep them positive, and I am reminding myself (and the children) that after hardship always comes ease.  This may not feel fair at this time, but God is the master planner, and there is always a reason for everything.  This will all be for the better, and one day they will understand why.  But today is not that day.

Hoping this will eventually lead to a more stable life for my babies....yes, I know they are 12 and 10, but they will always be babies to me.

No comments: