Thursday, July 03, 2008

Approaching the Court Date

It's been awhile since I've posted. Life has been a little insane. Lots has been happening, none of it really good, and none that I care to blog about at the moment.

The one thing is that the court date is fast approaching. July 16th is around the corner and as it turns out, the assessment results will not be in on time. We will get the results in August. So this court date feels like a bit of a waste of time, but then again, we will use it to update the judge on what's been going on for the past 6 months, and to get some sort of resolution around money. My ex owes me a very sizable amount of money so I need to recover those funds.

At first, I was really upset when I realized that I would go to court only to have no resolution at this time. Then I reminded myself that everything happens for a reason, and that things always work out for the best. Whatever the reason for this delay, I'm sure it's a good one. My guess at this point in time is that July will come and go but we won't have any resolution until Sept on the custody issue. Sigh. Life goes on I suppose. And worse things can happen.

A week and a half and I go to court. Let's see how it goes. In August, I will have the disclosure meeting with the assessor so that should be interesting.

If nothing else, I'm curious to see how the judge reacts when she finds out that my ex abused the children back in Jan and has been forced under supervision by the CAS. She thought he could handle 4hrs on a weeknight unsupervised. She clearly was wrong. I am wondering what she will say when she hears all the details.

Either way, two weeks and that milestone will have passed...

No comments: