Tuesday, March 11, 2008

And She is HOME!!!

Mom is finally home. She came home on Monday night, and she is recovering quite nicely. I am so incredibly grateful.

The weekend was insane with all the snowstorms in Toronto. My sister stayed over this weekend so she could be closer to the hospital, and closer to my mom. Unfortunately, we were snowed in for a big chunk of the weekend, but we survived it.

As for the children's first CAS supervised visitation, both visits (Sat and Sun) were cancelled due to the storm. I'm sure he must not have been too happy to hear about that. Well, that's what you get for beating on your kids. Sorry people, but I have no sympathy for him...

On another note, I have found myself in a surprising sense of calm. I mean, this was a crappy month. Mom was in and out of the hospital, I have the ongoing assessment, work was busy, I was falling behind, but you know, I feel like no matter what happens, everything is going to be OK. One of my dear friends continues to remind me that no matter what happens, no matter what comes of this court case, I will be better off. I actually think he is right.

I went to my naturopath today. (The one who has been monitoring my stress hormones). Last time, in January, they were at 3.6 times normal levels. We are trying to get them to 1 which is an ideal normal. Today, we found that I lost 3lbs, and my stress hormone levels were at 1.6. WOW! We were both shocked. I mean, I am going through a very hard month, and my stress hormones hit an all time low. Maybe I'm getting better at coping with things? I mean, I have decided to deal with everything one day at a time. I have accepted that life will be pure hell until June. (at least). So now, every day my goal has been to make it through the day as best as I can. June, after all, is really not that far away. It's actually on the horizon. I just need to keep afloat until June. I think I'm getting there.

Well, if nothing else, I am doing something correctly. I hope I can keep it up.

No comments: