Friday, March 14, 2008

Social Worker Visit

The children got to see the social worker today. She came by and explained the process for the supervised access to the children. They seemed OK with it. I'm glad they had a chance to understand what their visits with their dad will be like. Managing expectations is a good thing, especially with young children.

Sadly, I had to share with the social worker the details of the children's last phone call with their dad. He called on Sunday for all of 2 minutes. His questions were very specific:
  • Who is over right now?
  • Are you going anywhere today?
  • Have you spent time with mom's male friends lately?
  • Is Mr. NYC coming over?
  • Has Mr. NYC come over lately?
  • Where did Mr. NYC stay when he visited?
Seriously, this has to stop. My personal life is none of his damned business. He seems to think he owns me. I mean, he got married and divorced, yet I cannot move on with my life. It's just not right.

I basically had to email him and tell him that am finding his constant line of questioning very intrusive and obsessive. I mean, he already knows about my relationship with Mr. NYC, as it is the reason for my request to move to New York. I'm not sure why he thinks it is his business to know where Mr. NYC stays when he visits me, how often he comes here, or where he sleeps when he visits. Nor is it appropriate to be asking these questions of small children. I told him that I am finding his questions very scary and I am very uncomfortable with the way that he keeps tabs on my life. I do not ask the children these questions when they visit him and would appreciate it if he would show the same respect.

Honestly, he is NEVER going to let me be happy. Never.

No comments: