Friday, November 25, 2005

Good Morning!

I woke up this morning to the cutest thing in the world. Two little monkeys in my bed. I'm usually a light sleeper, but somehow I don't even remember them making it into my bed last night. When I woke up, there they were, my son and daughter cuddled together under my blanket in this king sized bed. (Thank God its a big bed!).

They looked so adorable. There's something about little children when they are sleeping...They look so perfect. I kissed each of them on the forehead and woke them up for school.

When I asked how they got into my bed, my son answered that "they" had a bad dream last night. "Both of you?" He responded that yes, they had both had a bad dream, and decided to come and join me. I contemplated explaining to the children that they couldn't have had the same bad dream at the same time, or that it was unlikely that they both had nightmares at the same moment, but they looked so proud of themselves for their explanation that I just didn't have the heart.

"We're allowed to come to your room for bad dreams mommy- that's your rule", my son reminded me.

"Yes you are, honey, anytime".

They are so adorable. I think what really happened is that they probably waited till I was asleep and tiptoed into my room, into my bed, snuggled up together and fell asleep. But either way, its fine. Especially if it makes them feel better. Besides, I kind of like the feel of waking up and seeing them all snuggled up like that. I know its probably better to give them a proper "strict" routine in their own bed, and I am trying to do that at bedtime. But for now, I'm going to turn a blind eye to their "nightmare" routine, rather than tell them they can't join me. I'm sure it will fade, and even if it doesn't, it's still fun for now :-)

As for me, I'm still trying to rest. The 'to do' list never seems to go away though. And here's something weird. Yesterday I took my car to the mechanic. You know its really bad when the mechanic calls you and advises that he can make a lot of money and fix your car, but "if you want my real advice, buy a new car". Great. Apparently the engine is messed up big time.

Oddly enough, although this is a massive and unexpected expense, (I wasn't even budgeting for a new car right now), the truth is, I was sick of that car. It was my ex's car, and I "inherited" it during the separation. To be honest, every time I look at it, I see him sitting in it. That in turn reminds me of everything that happened, and well, you get the point. I think a healthy part of my new beginning will be getting rid of his car. A costly part, but probably better in the long run. Now I just have to find a super cheap car that I can drive.

So much for a car representing your desired image. Whatever I get now will just have to be transportation, there will be no image thing happening here. But hey- at least it will be MY car. That's a good start. My home, my car, my space. All of it is financially tough, but its all emotionally good.

No comments: