Thursday, January 27, 2011

And it Spreads

I went to the doctor today.  He says the pneumonia has spread to my other lung, and that it's pretty serious.  I have to be off work again next week.  That's going to be my third week off work, which is hard for me to believe.  Even when I was hospitalized for a week back in 2004, just four months before I left my husband, I went back to work 3 days after coming out of the hospital.  I'm not trying to be a martyr.  I've learned that it doesn't get me anywhere to hold work above all else, but I do have to say that 6 months into a new job, it feels really crappy to take 3 weeks off for an illness.  I work for a totally awesome woman who told me that she had pneumonia once and that she came back to work earlier than she should have and was back at home two weeks after returning to the office, and the second time she was off for a month.  She is super understanding and supportive, which just makes me feel even worse.

As for my ex, he is the same opportunist, taking the opportunity to stress me out further with his cruel emails at a time when he knows I'm sick.  It never ends with him.  Some people were just made with evil souls.  I have realized that I am officially exhausted from being "the good guy" and now I'm really close to giving up.  Giving up meaning hitting him back 10 times harder.  The problem is that I still need some time to get my health back on track.

I had some email correspondence with my high school girlfriend and she feels that the stress is taking a toll on me which is why I keep getting sick.  I think she may be right.  That and the fact that I'm not as young as I used to be, so maybe it's all catching up on me.

Anyhow, I can expect to be home for all of next week, nursing myself back to health with a new set of antibiotics, more cough syrup and my puffer.  Not looking forward to another week of this, but that's how it goes.  The doctor says if I leave the house and try to push it, I will end up in the hospital.  I've been in a hospital once in 2004, and I'm not prepared to go back to one again.

So I wait, bored out of my mind, watching movies and doing nothing else.

I'd rather be at work...

No comments: