Tuesday, January 04, 2011

2010 in Review

I have to say that last year was not a bad one at all.  It was probably the first really good year I had since the divorce.  My year in review- I counted the good and the bad:

The good:

  • I was actually content, for the most part.  Yes, there were stressful patches, but overall, I learned to accept my life for what it is
  • I changed jobs and found one where so far, I feel more appreciated, I work 9-5 so I have better work life balance, and I got a chance to switch it up a bit
  • My friends :)  I love you guys
  • As the debts get lower, financial peace of mind is on the horizon :)
  • I cleaned out my whole house over the holidays to give myself mental freedom.   I got rid of 45 garbage bags full of stuff and cannot even begin to tell you how good it feels
  • I spent 2 entire weeks over the holidays doing nothing, and I kept the blackberry off.  That is the first time in my life that I turned a blackberry off for any length of time.
The bad:
  • My ex is at it again (he is such a mental case, and a jerk....I just need to accept that he will never change)- I will write about his psycho episodes another time.
  • I have a few things to figure out in my personal life- but I will get there.
  • Towards the end of the year, my health has been taking a bit of a mysterious turn.  Doctors are working with me to figure it out.  I'm told it's nothing major.  I think it's the years of stress taking a toll on my body.
How was your 2010?

No comments: