Sunday, October 12, 2008

There are Always two Sides to Each Story

Have you ever misjudged someone? I mean REALLY misjudged someone? Like have one of those purely I-know-this-is-so-black-and-white moments, only to find out you were wrong?

I had one of those today. I judged someone so harshly, and was so unforgiving, only to find out that I was the one who was wrong. I, without meaning to, made a mistake and then judged someone for the outcome. In turn, this person, knowing they had been treated harshly, still let it go. All they said is "Don't worry, you didn't know. I'm sure if you knew the truth you wouldn't have reacted that way".

I have so much to learn. Thankfully, I have amazing teachers to learn from.

Sometimes what you see is not the whole picture. Things are not always as they seem.

No comments: