Sunday, October 19, 2008

My mother loves her blackberry

Well this is sad. Talk about having guilt as a single mom. We were at my parent's home tonight. My sister called me and I wasn't listening. She called again. I didn't answer. Then she says to my daughter "I think your mommy is ignoring me"

My daughter's response "She's probably on her blackberry. That's all she ever does. And then she ignores everyone".

How sad. How sad that I've become this. How sad that my daughter knows it. How sad that I am fighting so hard to balance work and life as a single mom, and that just as I think I'm almost there, I get this.

Just when we think we have reached some sort of a destination, we realize we have barely started the journey. Sigh.

Now, I need to find a way to park the blackberry when I'm around the kids.

No comments: