Sunday, June 08, 2008

Shoe Shifting

It was a busy weekend. We had back to back events, so I'm kind of glad that's over. I accomplished one good thing this weekend- going through my closet and pulling out all the sandals and packing away the boots and the closed toe shoes. It's always a good time...means that summer is finally here. The two months of the year where everyone else around me is also eating salads. Yaay.

These days, I'm finding my anxiety is at a max. I can't sleep at night, and I have really bad headaches. I think the whole court thing and the process with the assessment is finally wearing me down. I just want it all to be over. I think that makes me pretty normal. Most people would have given up months ago. I'm still here. A bit battered and bruised from the process (well, literally too I guess), but still standing. That has to mean I'm doing something right.

It's weird. When you're this worn out, your morale goes down too. I mean, I feel stressed, tired, but I also feel like my day to day confidence is taking a hit these days. I'm always tired, so I feel out of it, which makes me feel not as bright as usual, and not as confident as usual.

I'm sure it will pass in a few weeks.

So what is July 18? I'm trying to figure out the best way to explain it. I think it's like pre-trial. We will lay all our cards on the table, and get a trial date from there.

Ex husbands suck. Marriage sucks. What a pile of mess. All over one mistake. I should have left him after the honeymoon.

Sigh. Fortunately, I have alot of supportive people around me. I'm finding my colleagues supportive as well, so that's a good thing. Friends are available, just a phone call away, so I don't feel isolated. All in all, I think I just feel really overwhelmed.

I keep telling myself this- I lived through 11 years of hell, 4 years of separation, what's a few more weeks?

5 weeks to pre-trial. And then we get a trial date. That's when the real fun begins.

Stay with me guys, I'm going to need all of you over the next few weeks. All my rocks to lean on, I'm calling you guys out in advance...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you said in your post - "Friends are available, just a phone call away..."
You've made it this far so keep going - you're strong and can do it!

xxoo love kjp

shaz said...

Thanks Honey! I'll need it...
The final session with the assessor is next week Thursday. He will give us his decision 3 weeks after that. We are down to the wire here...