Tuesday, June 12, 2007

CAS Visit #2

Never marry a bipolar man. Never.

God he's an ass.

Anyhow, without getting into the details, here we go again. Different this time, but way too familiar and still very much the same in many ways. Some things never change. Like people's assholeness.

Thank God my new department at work comes fully equipped with an understanding boss.

Doesn't hurt that he's got his own children...so he understands. It makes my on-the-fly schedule one less source of stress for me.

So- The CAS never changes either. But here is a funny tune- "What are YOU doing to protect your children"?

UM- Dude....you're the CAS. You told me he was off the hook last time.

"Yes, but if he continues behaving in this fashion, what are you doing to protect them?"

Um- aren't you the ones who told me you couldn't help?

"There isn't a specific child protection issue here. They have a good parent. It's you. But by allowing him access to the children, knowing that he is questionable as a parent, you are not doing your job".

Well- he technically is a joint custodian (dumb ass!)

"And you know that he shouldn't be. So you should have taken this to court by now and fought it. The fact that you're sitting by and not fighting it means you aren't protecting your children. If anything happens to them, we would get involved, but one of the things we would investigate is why YOU didn't exercise sound judgment in protecting them".

ARE YOU F-NG KIDDING ME?!

Talk about re-victimizing the victim. Peel CAS sucks. Big time! Child protection agencies do Jack shit.

I want to send this case to the media somehow. I want them to take it to the public. Why is it that women have to constantly go through this? Why aren't there checks and balances in place in the system?

I'm not being overly dramatic. I am very calm at the moment, but just very aware of the risks. You have NO idea what has transpired over the past two weeks, and I can't do this here. But I am going to the paper diary. If something ever happens to me or the children, somebody somewhere has to take that paper diary and let everyone know exactly what happened.

Stupid system.

No comments: