Thursday, January 10, 2013

High School Orientation

My little baby is growing up.

He has his high school orientation tonight. When the letter came home, I say there and stared at it for a few minutes. I still don't think it's sunk in.

I'm writing this from the train. Taking the early train home for the big occasion.

I still can't get over it. This little boy was 4 years old when I left his father. And I've pretty much done this all by myself.

In my gratitude journal, I wrote about how grateful I am to have a little boy who is growing up but still loves me enough to shower me with hugs and kisses when he sees me.

And now this little boy will soon be a high schooler. It's unreal. Time really flies.

They are both great kids. I'm going to do something out of the ordinary. I'm giving myself a pat on the back. Despite challenging circumstances, I think they are turning out just fine.

Off to high school we go. The world of new adventures, newly found freedom, peer pressure, lifelong friendships, and lots of memories.

And I'm honored to be with him as we start a new journey.

No comments: