Friday, November 25, 2011

Day off School

The kids were too scared to go to school.  They were afraid that their dad would come and try to pick them up in the middle of the day, and then they would have no choice but to go with him, in order to avoid a big scene.  I wanted to argue back, but to be honest, they made a lot of sense.  So I kept them home.

Of course, it's not a sustainable strategy by any means.  But it did serve two purposes.  One- the immediate one- he wouldn't come and pick them up randomly.  And two- it gave the children a chance to calm down.

My son said something that felt like deja vu.  I said the exact same words when I was married to my ex.  He said, "When dad is good, he's really good.  But when he's bad, he's the worst ever.  The problem is you don't know which dad you're going to see on which day".  That pretty much sums it up.

My daughter said her dad was the type to get really pissed off one day and come and kill everyone, children, ex wife, all 3 of us.  And yet the system doesn't help us.

Today has been a surprisingly calm day.  He hasn't phoned for the kids, he hasn't emailed or texted me, I didn't hear from his lawyer and I didn't get a call from the police dept.  No attempts were made to pick up the kids either.  It's like the calm before the storm.  I was telling my girlfriend, my ex is smart.  He won't do anything today.  It's too predictable.  He's the type to come out one day out of the blue and go nuts.

Getting through the weekend....

No comments: