Sunday, January 03, 2010

A New Decade With Renewed Hope

I'm looking forward to the new decade. I'm hoping it marks an end to all that I had to clear out of my life in the last decade.

In hindsight, 2009 was not a bad year at all. I finalized my court proceedings. Things were stable at work. I feel like I've reconnected with my kids and stabilized my finances. And because the court case has finally ended, there is now a band-aid on the financial bleeding, which means I can rebuild things financially from this point on. It's hard to rebuild when you're still bleeding.

On the emotional front, my personal life is not as stable as I would want it to be, and I've had some recent things to deal with, but regardless, I am emotionally happier. I would say that I am content. And that's a nice seat to be in.

The new decade represents a few things for me:
  1. The hope of emotional stability
  2. Financial stability
  3. Happiness
  4. A decade free of physical pain. Nobody will ever physically hurt me again. Ever.
  5. Independence- from culture, family, the never ending expectations of people
  6. A new life with my children
  7. The knowledge of who my real friends are- it's good to know who is really on your side. I have been given this gift. Every hardship comes with its share of silver lining

I think things have been better for me in the past few months than they have been in the past 15 years. I'm hoping that things continue. If they do, 2010 will be the best year yet.

No comments: