Monday, May 11, 2009

Sole Custody

It's finally over. And I am so bloody exhausted. I could sleep for a year.

After 5 hrs to arguing, he consented to an order. He consented to the following:
  • I have sole custody of the children
  • He has access/visits with the children pending his attendance with a psychiatrist at a schedule set by the psychiatrist
  • If he doesn't go to the psychiatrist all his visits will be supervised by someone that we both agree to
  • I have the right to travel without his consent and to get passports/documents made for the children without his consent
  • I can move to NYC if I wish to do so.
I always thought that when/if this moment came I would be absolutely elated. Right now, I'm just downright exhausted.

I'm sure the joy will kick in later.

A big thank you to all my friends for your love and support. I don't think I would be standing if you weren't here by my side. I love you guys :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Shaz - congratulations. You made it through. Your ultimate goal has been achieved - the safety of your children. I'm so proud of you for not giving up every time you thought you couldn't go any further. It's over at last.
xoxoxKJP

shaz said...

Thanks honey. For some reason, I'm just too tired to be thrilled. I'm hoping the happy dance will kick in soon, maybe a day or so. Right now, all I feel is exhaustion!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, congratulations. Justice finally won out!
BF

shaz said...

I don't know if I would say that justice won. Truth be told, I think he only gave in because he ran out of money and couldn't afford a trial. But either way, I'm not complaining. It's finally over!