Monday, March 23, 2009

March Break in NYC

I took the kids to NYC for March break. They had a nice time. I on the other hand, came back very tired. But that's another story.

One thing that was most noticeable to me was how quiet Manhattan has become. It's a ghost town. Seriously. I was on Wall Street near the AIG building at 3pm on a workday and I was the only person on that street for like a block. I mean, we are talking WALL STREET. I think we as Canadians haven't fully grasped just how lucky we are not to be hit that hard. Keep your fingers crossed everyone.

Anyhow, I ended up doing a lot of touristy things, because it was the first time my kids were there. They had fun, and I guess that is what really matters. I had other emotional matters to deal with, and I'm getting there. Like I said, that is another day's post.

I have never been happier to be back at work than I was today. I'm SO GLAD to be home again. I love my bed, my job, my home, and you know what? My life is not nearly as bad as I sometimes allow myself to believe. Yes my ex is a dumbass. But things are slowly getting better. Each month is better than the last, and it's probably the first time in years that I can say that.

So for now, I'm just going to count my blessings and learn to be content.

No comments: