Friday, November 08, 2013

Bad Knees

I always wondered if my mom's knee issues would be passed down to one of us.  I just hoped I wouldn't draw the short straw.

Today I found out that I drew the short straw.

I can't entirely blame genetics (while they are a  factor)- the doctor sited age, weight (I'm not a little girl), and my lovely heels as the main culprits.  This means I will inevitably be a knee candidate a few years from now. How many years that will take depends on how good I am for the next few years.

So I have to eliminate the use of heels.  OK, maybe I will reduce them for now.  I'm not a huge fan of going cold turkey on much of anything, but I will take this seriously.

After I came home from my appointment, I was trying to figure out the impact in my closet (Yes I am a girl.  I had my crying fit first, this was after I calmed down a bit).  With over 100 pairs of shoes, I would estimate that 75% of them are heels.  That's like 75 pairs.  What a waste.

What do you do with 75 pairs of not so wearable high end shoes?  Ebay?

Heartbreaking.  No not the shoes.  I mean the knees too.

:(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah Shaz, sorry to hear this.
BF